Saturday 22 January 2011

Concept Video: New Lady Gaga Remix for Thierry Mugler Fashion Film

N.B I've just realized my facts have been mistaken in this post so I've changed it as of 09/03/11

Was getting my usual feed on my favourite artists, Lady Gaga of course being one of them and came across this rather interesting, monochromatic fashion master piece from the marvellous Thierry Mugler. I've just realized that the fabulous Nicola Formichetti has been appointed the new creative director of Mugler. The remix is said to of the song 'Scheiße' and will appear on Gaga’s upcoming album, Born This Way, due for release May 23rd. The track was remixed by Gaga, who acted as musical director for the designer’s runway show for Paris Fashion Week. 

I love the Mugler's designs, and conceptual creations. The make up artistry permanent tattoo ink is extraordinary and I love the creepy yet enticing feel this short film gives. It's horror meets couture. The lighting, shadows, slow motion, camera shake work really well for this idea. The scene with the thin black scarf and the wind machine is wonderful. I think this adds a romantic, disturbed element (as he's covered in black ink). Also the permanent tattooed Rick Genest aka 'Zombie Boy' is really good; I like how he connects with the camera and his subtle eye movements. The remix is also pretty catchy. I'm really getting into fashion films and this is one of the most interesting ones I've seen. Also can't wait until Gaga's new album comes out!


No comments: