Monday 13 September 2010

OMG! DSquared2 F/W 2010 Runway

I was browsing through designers I really liked and to see what trends there were out at the moment and I was blown away by DSquared F/W 2010 collection in Milan. I missed the runway edits from Vogue and Elle etc so I wasn't up to date with the this seasons collections. I realize I'm like 7 months behind in blogging this collection however I'm just blogging about what I love; and these garment I would love to own if I had the money.

The Barbara Kruger colour scheme with the dramatic scarlet, bold red lipstick and heavy black make-up is a 'killer' look this season. Wet look leggings. gothic feathers, and feminine leather biker look features heavily in this collection. It's very 40's high-glamour film noir-esque mixed with domanatrix leather and show-stopping feather creations. On some models DSquared2 put blue and red lines on their skin looking like their veins. I think this is a creative, statement look and adds to the feirce attitude. If I wore these outfits I would feel super confident and sexy. This would be an independent womans' favourite look. I also love how they've mixed glam goth with grey tailored suits and thigh high leather brown boots. Although I love the fur coat look I would prefer if it was faux fur as I'm agasint using animal fur for fashion (no. 15,17)

For me this is Edward Scissorhands meets Dita Von Teese. It's also vampire-esque with the pale skin and vivid lips. Vampires are very 'HOT' this year! :D

My favourite ensemble is no. 13. Comment on your favourite outfit (comment at the bottom).

Photos courtesy from: http://www.dsquared.com/html/runway (screen grabs)
1, 2
3,4
5,6
7,8
9,10
11,12
13,14
15,16
17,18
19,20
21,22
23,24
25,26
27,28
29,30
31,32
33,34
35,36
37,38
39,40 (Dean and Dan Caten)

My favourite ensemble is no. 13. Comment on your favourite outfit (comment at the bottom).

No comments: